Laboratory No: 8
In order to design, implement, administer or troubleshoot a wireless LAN, various wireless LAN standards, characteristics of the wireless LAN devices and wireless LAN operating principals will be discussed.
· To become familiar with IEEE 802.11 family of standards and various wireless LAN devices.
· To understand the basic wireless LAN operating principals.
Report (due by next laboratory period):
1. List the IEEE 802.11 family of standards and briefly describe their features.
2. Briefly discuss the functions of the beacon frame sent by an access point in a wireless LAN.
3. Briefly discuss the major challenges in implementing wireless LAN that did not exist for wired LAN.